Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,

As time goes by, mommy is realizing more and more how important you are becoming to us and how much she wants to savor each moment of your growing inside me. Honestly, being pregnant has definitely had it's ups and downs but when I have the time, in the stillness of a moment, I stop and think how amazing it is that I am carrying life, you, inside me. I can only imagine how much stronger my connection and love for you will continue to grow and how incredible it will be to finally have you in my arms. I think about that first moment often and though I am sure it will not all happen exactly as I have it playing out in my head, I know it will be an extraordinary moment for both your daddy and I. In the meantime, several things have come about in the past week that have helped remind me that becoming a mommy is my number one priority and how important your daddy and our growing family is to me. We will be making some tough decisions over the next few days all for the better of our family and that is all that matters now. I know daddy and I will do what is best for our family, for you. In the end all will turn out the way it should, with a great new sense of happiness and so much to live for. I promise you that we will do everything we can to make you feel happiness, security, and above all, greatly loved.
At 23 weeks today, you are so close to 24 weeks when everyone in our family believes we are on the right path considering your Aunt Leah was born at 24 weeks and has grown into a wonderful young adult with great accomplishments. Daddy and I will also be seeing you at an ultrasound next week which we are so excited about. Your sense of movement and hearing is becoming more keen and you are now over 11 inches long and weighing more than a pound. It will be so amazing to see how big you have gotten next week! Mommy is feeling you sway, dance, and squirm around more and more. No big kicking yet, but I'm sure I will feel you soon. Keep up the great work, grow healthy and strong! Our love for you grows each moment of everyday.
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment