Thursday, April 30, 2009


24 weeks and counting! WOW, BABY!!!



Look at those tiny fingers and toes! Aren't I just adorable!


Dear Sweet Baby Boy,


Yay, you are 24 weeks!...and 1 day today. :) Daddy and I went to my ultrasound appointment and got to see you! You are absolutely amazing! Measuring at 1.7 ounces, you are just perfect! We counted all of your cute, tiny fingers and toes. We saw the four chambers of your heart pumping strong, a full bladder, your kidneys, lips and nose, your spine, and measured your femur. You were very active moving around, trying to grab your toes, putting your hand in your mouth. Daddy and I had so much fun watching you!
At this time your brain is growing quickly and your lungs are developing the branches of your respiratory system as well as producing surfactant which will help your air sacs inflate once you need them. It still continues to amaze me, seeing how much you grow and change. I'm sure that feeling will last throughout, as I watch you grow up!
Mommy and Daddy will be going to Gainesville this weekend to see Aunt Leah. She is graduating from college and we are attending her graduation ceremony. I'm sure she is anxious to see my growing belly and hear all about how you are doing! Hopefully it will be a relaxing and enjoyable trip for all of us.
We are so excited about all the great progress you are making and that all is going well with you so far. We have recently received some sweet compliments from both friends and strangers about how happy Daddy and I seem when we are together and how adorable and happy you are going to be. Let's hope that is all true, since we are so happy and grateful to be able to take this journey. Keep up the great work, my little man! Mommy and Daddy love you so very much!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment