Thursday, May 7, 2009


Dear Sweet Baby Boy,

Oh wow! You are starting to kick! I can't believe it. It's still very light but I am sure that it will be getting stronger as time goes on. I'm also feeling you hiccup and according to Dr. Doyle maybe some rhythmic breathing. It's pretty incredible!
On Tuesday I went for a checkup. Dr. Doyle said that you and I had a growth spurt! She is right, my belly has grown! Though she was very happy with it and said that's what we need to see, I personally hope that you grow more, but not me :)
Considering the growth spurt, you are now about 13 1/2 inches long from head to toe and about 1 1/2 pounds, about the size of a growing eggplant. You are beginning to gain some baby fat so your wrinkly skin will smooth out. Tiny capillaries are forming, giving you a pinkish glow and you are soaking up antibodies for your immune system. So, I'm trying very hard to stay healthy. My students are being sanitized constantly! :) If we could see inside, daddy and I might see your head full of hair and would be able to tell what color it is, for now! No wonder I've been having heartburn! Tums is my new friend :)
Daddy and I went to your Aunt Leah's college graduation last weekend. We had a great time taking a ride up there, sharing lots of laughs with your uncles Adam and David, and of course celebrating Leah's accomplishments. Daddy and I were daydreaming and talking about how you will be bouncing around with us to David's high school graduation in two years and many other family occasions that we will be celebrating. It was fun to picture it all and giggle about it. So keep growing healthy and strong "little guy", we can't wait to see you! We love you very much!

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment