Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Weekend!

Wow, Daddy and I had such a wonderful weekend! Friday night we went out for yummy pizza and happened to sit in an area of the restaurant with two other pregnant women, two babies, and our waitress was also pregnant! It was very amusing and the pizza was delicious! On Saturday we walked around downtown, went to lunch at our favorite cafe, and really enjoyed spending some much needed time together reminiscing and talking about what's to come. To top it all off, Daddy surprised mommy with a Vera Bradley baby bag in honor of my first official Mother-to-be Day! Plus an absolutely beautiful card (your Daddy is terrific with words) and some chocolates! The best part of the day was in the evening. Daddy and I were relaxing on the couch, watching a movie when all of a sudden I felt you kicking! I took Daddy's hand and placed it where you were moving. He waited patiently to see if you would continue. Sure enough you started tumbling and kicking for at least 30 minutes! It was amazing and I was so happy that Daddy could feel you moving around! You are starting to have some pretty strong kicks and the next morning you were going again. It seems that you are going to be quite an active little one. :)
Later, on Sunday Grandma and Grandpa even gave me a sweet card, very unexpected. Before we went over there, Daddy and I went out to Lido Beach and enjoyed the beautiful ocean! We spent lots of time in the water which was so refreshing, walked along the shore collecting shells, and talked about how much you will love the ocean like mommy does since that's all I want to do these days. We saw lots of babies splashing away at the shore line and laughed at how cute it will be when you are big enough to do the same. I am so grateful for times like this, it truly makes me appreciate our lives together and all the we have to look forward to with you.

I'm enjoying you so much already!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend! Enjoy these moments! Pretty soon your little one will be keeping you very busy!

    ReplyDelete