Wednesday, July 15, 2009

5 more weeks!

Dear Sweet Baby Boy!

Five weeks to go and counting, I can't believe it! All went well at our doctor's appointment yesterday. It was so nice to have daddy with us so he could hear your heart beat. The nurse practitioner assured mommy that all her physical and emotional symptoms were perfectly normal, thank goodness :). She even showed us how you were positioned in mommy's belly with your head down, right where it should be. She helped me feel where your head, back, tushy, hands and feet are. I knew it was your tush bumping up in that favorite spot of yours all the time! It's amazing how she could tell where you are positioned. I'll be starting to go for check ups every week now.

Daddy and I also took a Lamaze class last Saturday. It was actually a very good class. It seemed to be really helpful and gave us lots of useful information. We learned about many specific details in the physical and mental parts of labor and delievery. The most valuable parts were practicing the breathing techniques, different positions to get in for comfort, and the massage techniques. I think Daddy really appreciated the class and said that it was worth spending the day learning how to be a good support person for me.

By now most of your physical development is complete. Your kidney's are fully developed and your liver is able to produce waste. You are over 18 inches long and weighing about 5 and 1/4 pounds. From here on you should be gaining about 1 ounce a day. No wonder, I feel as though you have no more room in there! :) I also read that 35% of your brain development happens within the next 5 weeks. So we'll be doing lots of resting and reading!!! As my uterus has expanded to 15 times it's original size, mommy has started to feel lots of tightening when you stretch out and more shortness of breath especially when on her feet much of the day. I think I'll be trying to slow down a bit more over the next month or so. Daddy keeps insisting that I rest more often so that I can enjoy this last bit of "just you and me" time we have together. He is very concerned about us now that we are getting closer to your due date. It's very endearing and nice to know how much he loves us. We keep plugging away at getting this house organized and set up and are expecting some really neat things happening in your room soon! I'll post some pictures once we finish up!

Keep growing healthy and strong little one. Mommy promises to do everything she can to make this a smooth transition for all of us. Daddy and I love you very much!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment