Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,

We've made it, full-term! At 37 weeks you could join us any day now with your lungs fully developed and ready to adjust to life outside mommy's belly. You also may or may not have a full head of hear. Daddy suggested packing your baby brush just in case :) .

Our doctor's appointment yesterday went really well. We met Dr. Jamison who told us how you were positioned and said that we were on "autopilot" now as far as when you could arrive. He assured me that I would know, which made me a bit nervous but excited as well. He also told Daddy and I that you are probably about 7 and 1/2 pounds from what he could tell by feeling how big you are in my belly. We listened to your strong heartbeat as well! That is always the best part of the visit and a big relief for Daddy and I each time we hear you.
I talked to the doctor about how I was starting to getting more and more uncomfortable. It's hard sleeping at night since it is difficult at times to stay in a comfortable position and since I'm up more and more to use the bathroom. I'm also getting more pressure in my belly and of course some heart burn and leg cramps in the middle of the night. Luckily, he said it was all normal jokingly commenting that "he had never heard that from pregnant women before." I giggled at his sarcasm and feel good that I can't complain much since everything has been going well so far and I've really enjoyed being pregnant without many discomforts. I'm just making sure I take it a bit easy now and rest when I feel that I need to.

Daddy has been working hard to help get things set for you . He hung the curtains in your room and put together your stroller and infant car seat carrier yesterday. Now we have to install the base into the car. I think he's getting more and more excited about you being here soon and wants things just right and ready for your arrival :) . We keep talking about how we are going to be a family now and how we created you out of so much love that we have for each other that it will be poured onto you with great affection. It's such a wonderful feeling to start a family with such strong bonds. We are so looking forward to meeting you! Keep growing healthy and strong for a little while longer. Mommy and Daddy love you very much!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being full term! I am so happy for you gyts! You will make awesome parents. And not too much longer to wait for that to happen!!!

    ReplyDelete